Coaching and professional: 1983 - present.
- Swimmer 1969 - present. Overall winner of over 100 open water races.
- US and World Masters Champion, pool and open water.
- 28.5 mile swim around Manhattan Island.
- Founder, TOWER 26, coaching and/or consult with over 1,000 athletes monthly.
- Founding member and swim coach of first triathlon club in Los Angeles, 1983.
- Expert coach IRONMAN University.
- US Masters coach-of-the-year.
- Former owner SWIM Magazine, publisher SWIM, Swimming World and Swimming Technique Magazines.
- Co-founder World Open Water Swimming Association.
B.Sc. Pepperdine University, Business.
Swam 10,000 meters (1:15/100 M) in 2 hours 5 min at age 12.
Coaching: 2009 - present.
- Division 1/Professional Ice Hockey Player.
- Started triathlon in 2005. Professional Triathlete, 2009 - present.
- 2009 USA Triathlon certified coach.
- N.A.S.M Certification strength coach/personal training, specializations in Corrective Exercise, Performance Enhancement and Behavior Change.
- IRONMAN University certified coach.
- Red Racing founder & head coach 2014 - present.
- TOWER 26 swim, bike, run and tri coach, 2016 - present.
B.A. Fairfield University, Political Science and Management.
As a 7th Grader, 12 years old, I won the Illinois State Championship in the Mile Run with a 4:59.15 mile time.
Coaching: 2012 - present.
- Collegiate distance runner, Indiana University. Professional Distance runner, Nike (2006-2009).
- 2004 NCAA Indoor mile champion.
- 2x Big Ten champion and 6x All American at Indiana University (cross country and track).
- 3:56.4 Indoor Mile PR, Indiana School record.
- Professional triathlete on the ITU circuit (2010-2016).
- 2010 USAT Duatthlete of the year and USAT Rookie of the year.
- TOWER 26 triathlon swim coach 2015 - present.
- TOWER 26 triathlon & track coach 2016 - present.
- Triathlon run coach to pro triathletes Holly Lawrence and Meredith Kessler.
B.S. Indiana University Bloomington, Arts and Science.
Sean and twin brother, John, were the first twins to break running's illusive 4 min mile in the same race.
Coaching: 2009 - present.
- Swimmer from age 9, Coronado, CA.
- Coached by Eric Neilsen, swim and triathlon coach, VASA spokesperson.
- 4x gold medalist 2004 California State Games.
- Returned to swimming and triathlon, 2016.
- Overall top 3 women's finisher in multiple open water races.
- Coach at Triton Swimming and Triathlon, 2017.
- TOWER 26 swim coach, 2018 - present
B.A. University of California Irvine, English; M.L.I.S. University of California Los Angeles, Information Studies; USMS Level 1&2 Certified.
Jessica has been to every single state in the United States.
- Started Triathlon in 1989.
- Triathlete present.
- Marathon runner.
- 2019 Tower 26 swim, bike, run, and triathlon coach.
- 2017 Training Peaks Level 2 coach.
- 2016 Ironman University certified coach.
- 2015-2019 Red Performance Multi sport coach.
- 2014 USA Triathlon certified.
Gerry calls me the silver fox.
Coaching: 2006 - present.
- US Open and junior national qualifier.
- State Champion, All-American and YMCA national champ.
- Developmental coach of a 2016 Olympian and 2015 World Champion.
- ASCA Level 3 certified coach.
- Undergraduate assistant at Kenyon College.
- TOWER 26 swim coach 2016 - present.
B.A. Kenyon College, History.
Tim was a hip hop DJ and MC in the 2000s.
Coaching: 2007 - present.
- Collegiate softball player, California State University Northridge.
- Marathon runner 2001-present.
- Triathlete 2004-present.
- USA Triathlon certified coach.
- Head coach for Team to End AIDS Marathon and Triathlon program 2007-2014.
- Red Racing coach 2016-present.
- Tower 26 coach 2018-present.
B.A. California State University Northridge, Physical Education: Coaching M.S. United States Sports Academy, Sports Medicine.
Cindy has run a marathon on every continent.
Coaching: 1977 - present.
- US Masters swimmer, 1981-present.
- Triathlete, 2011-present. Trail runner, Ocean swimmer.
- Head coach and founder Westside Masters, head coach Triton Swimming and Triathlon Team.
- Coached US Masters national champion team.
- 140 US/world Masters titles and 130 US/world Masters age-group records set by his swimmers.
- Editor-in-chief, Swimming Technique Magazine.
- ASCA World Clinic presenter.
- TOWER 26 swim coach 2017-present.
San Jose State University, Journalism.
Thru-hiked the John Muir Trail at age 15. In March 1981, age 22, provided expert commentary for meet between defending NCAA swimming champ Cal and USC, for fledgling sports network called ESPN.
Coaching: 1999 - present.
- 9 Time USA Swimming National Team Coach 2008-2016.
- FINA Open Water World Cup 10k Race Coach to 7 countries.
- Coach of open water World champion and USA national champion, 5k and 10k.
- ASCA level 5 approved.
- U.S. Paralympic Swimming Coach. Head Swim Coach Keene College.
- NCAA: 17 All-Americans, 11 New England collegiate Championships, 2 x LEC coach of the year, 4 x NEISDA coach of the year.
- TOWER 26 swim coach 2018 - present.
Ph.D. State University of New York at Buffalo, Molecular Biology.
Ph.D in Molecular biology and did cancer research until switching to coaching and teaching.
Coaching: 2010 - present.
Todd has been in the sport of open water swimming and triathlon for over ten years. Prior to moving back to Maine in the beginning of 2015, Todd was coaching and swimming with Tower 26 as well as coaching youth and junior swimmers & triathletes. Todd brings knowledge and an ability to challenge people to be the best athlete possible. Todd is enjoying being part of the Maine community again with his wife Heather, daughter Zoe & their dog Maverick.
Education: B.S. in Athletic Training from the University of Maine at Presque Isle.
Fun Fact: My brother Nate & I did the first SwimRun(Otillo) in North America in 2016.
Coaching: 2009 - present.
- Participating in Triathlon since 1985.
- Kona, 70.3 and Xterra World qualifier.
- 5 x Boston Marathon Participant.
- Brewster Academy Varsity Hockey and Lacrosse Coach.
- 2012 -2016 Claremont Club Master swim coach.
- 2009 USAT certified coach.
- ASCA level 5 approved.
- 2017 Training Peaks Level 2 Coach.
- US Masters Level 2 Certified Coach.
- 2015 Head Triathlon Coach at Red Performance Multisport.
In March of 2012 Bob ran Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim for his 50th birthday!.
Coaching: 2009 - present.
- Played lots of sports growing up (swimming, soccer, gymnastics, basketball, track & field, skiing...) but can be found these days riding / running on trails, competing in various distance triathlon events, & supporting efforts to increase access to sport.
- Serves as a guide for visually impaired athletes racing paratriathlon events.
- USAT AG National Championships and IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships qualifier.
- USAT Level 1 & IRONMAN Certified Coach.
- Experience working with paratriathletes (as volunteer, coach, handler, guide).
- Red Performance Multisport Coach (2016-2019).
Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, Integrative Biology.
One of the experiences I am most grateful for was the opportunity to live, explore, and conduct research for a year in Australia as a Fulbrigh.
PARTNER COACHES TESTIMONIALS
Gerry is the consummate professional and more than willing to share his infinite swim wisdom and knowledge. He doesn’t offer “silver bullets” rather a defined framework of volume, mechanics, prescription, presence and accountability to get the best return on investment.
The TOWER 26 subscription plan reflects Gerry’s meticulous attention to every detail via an audio session outline, supporting video instruction and educational content.
When coupled with ongoing personalized coach feedback each session it is as if Gerry is on deck with you!
If you are serious about maximising your triathlon swim performance, you will not look back!
Coach, Purplepatch Fitness
Gerry Rodrigues is simply the best swimming coach I have met (let alone open water coach) and he was my swim coach when I raced. He has been tremendously helpful with all of my professional athletes who I have sent to see him for specific instruction and help. Any swimmer or triathlete in the LA area not utilizing his program is missing something very special.
Coach, Author & Consultant
I've learned a lot from Gerry Rodrigues' methodology, and I have seen it work incredibly well! Swimming is complex in both biomechanics and training theory and application. With Tower 26, you can focus on getting the biomechanics right, because the training is very well thought out and planned.
Head Coach, USC Triathlon
Gerry has helped me excel as both an athlete and a coach over the past several years. He has the unique ability to spot flaws in a stroke on the individual level and correct them in an instant. His approach allows him to focus any athlete’s attention on what it takes to get faster beyond fads or quick fixes. Whether coaching alongside Gerry or following his head in the pool, I feel that every workout has left me with an improved understanding of swimming and what it takes to race well. From technique to race strategy, his coaching prowess will take any athlete, whether beginner or elite, swimmer or triathlete, to the next level.
Coach of KIS Coaching, Pro Triathlete, San Diego
I've been an online member of Tower 26 since 2017 and Gerry's influence not only on my swim progress but also on my overall triathlon career has been instrumental! Over the past 10 years of my Professional Triathlon career I have had the pleasure of working with some of the top coaches in the sport but after finding Gerry, I am certain he is the master of all things swimming in triathlon!
Professional Triathlete & Coach at Moore Performance Coaching
What really sets the Tower 26 Be Race Ready plans apart from other triathlon or masters swim programs is the way each workout fits into a well thought out “big picture” progression of skills and fitness over the course of a season. No more one off workouts. This is a truly periodized approach to training like you would find with a good cycling or running plan. In fact it integrates so well with how I progress my athletes cycling and running in a season that I have several of my own Triathletes using the Tower 26 plans for their swim training. The clear written instructions, along with audio files and supplemental videos give you a sense of purpose in the workouts and you can feel how each day, week and month builds on the previous ones. Post workout comments with the coaches provide valuable accountability and help guide you forward in your development. Make no mistake, this is a challenging program, but if you are willing to fully engage you will improve.
Copyright © TOWER 26 2018. All rights reserved. Photo Credits: Sean Jefferson, Mariel Calloway.